Friday, May 17, 2013

Unforeseen Changes


Several unforeseen huge changes have taken place since our move.  The first (and biggest and greatest!) is that Mia has started sleeping all night in her own bed consistently... like 5 out of 7 nights a week.  Which is insane since before it was a big deal if she did it 2 nights in a row.  :)  We are all enjoying that and adjusting.  The downside is that my personal sleep patterns have gotten way off - with her sleeping for 11-12 hours a night I've been doing the same - which for her is great - me not so much.  It leaves me feeling ridiculously groggy in the morning so I've started this week working on going to bed later (10pm - don't laugh too hard now) and getting up at 6 (that's still dark here).

The other change is in me.  It's crazy how moving to a new town where you don't know anyone can be so freeing.  I've worn more dresses in the last 4 weeks than I have in the last 4 years.  It's been so much fun being myself without concern for what others think.  I have also enjoyed decorating the apartment - it definitely screams our artistic sides.  We have our photography hanging everywhere, our cameras displayed and various other things we have created over the years.  There is definitely no mistaking who lives here.  :) (and there's no painters tape anywhere! LOL)



Today was an awesome mommy/mia day.  We had lunch with Ben and then she and I went out for yogurt at our favorite yogurt shop (they carry a non-dairy flavor that changes each week).  After a short rest time we headed to the pool and stayed for the rest of the afternoon.  We are both loving all the sunshine and fresh air.  The downside of an apartment is definitely the tiny space - the upside is the pool, the basketball court, the playground and a worry free area for walking/running/riding bikes.  I am so blessed with this little girl.



1 comment: