Thursday, May 23, 2013

Gloomy Weather

Every morning this week we have woken up to super gloomy skies - most days the sky has cleared by the afternoon and the day has turned gorgeous.  Today was not one of those days.  Starting the day out in gloomy weather is hard ... it really beats on my positivity and productivy and definitely causes serious cabin fever in both Mia and I.  Today we attempted to combat it with a trip to the library.  Yes, we just went yesterday but that was before we checked the mail and our cards had come.  We spent almost 2 hours this morning looking at kids books, reading and hanging out in the little play area they have.  Mia talked to a couple kiddos and had a good time.  I have no idea how Ben and I ended up with such an extroverted child.  When it comes to adults - she isn't so much but when there are other kids around nothing is going to stop her from going up to them, saying hi, telling them her name and that she is 4.   It's quite adorable.

Tonight Mia accomplished something absolutely HUGE. For those of you that know the battle we have had with her and food - well, you might want to sit down because...

she...

ate...

SUSHI!

I'm serious - no fuss, no bribes (she did ask that if she ate all her dinner could she have strawberries afterwards which of course I said yes to), no whining, nothing... I'm serious...  I took pictures because I knew some of you wouldn't believe me (after all I could barely believe it myself...).


1 comment: