Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Storms!

Well, Mia and I weathered our first storms today - alone in a second story apartment - kinda stressful.  Thankfully the storm wasn't that bad (severe weather advisory, severe thunderstorm, hail and tornado watch) and didn't last long (about an hour).  Mia had fun playing squinkies in her "storm fort" aka Ben's walk in closet.  It's the inner most room of the apartment so it makes for a great spot to stay safe.  Definitely stressful for this momma tho ... after the storms in Alabama in April 2011 I have been much more nervous about severe weather.  Evidently they do not have a siren warning system here in Waco - I find that to be really weird.

Before all that started Mia and I hit up the thrift store that is close to the apartment.  Secretly I was hoping to find some of the glassware we donated when we first moved here because one of my glasses has since broken but alas - I didn't.  It's fine tho - we found some awesome clothes and Mia got a frilly dress and a little kid belt so her day was made.

1 comment:

  1. That is really odd that they don't have a siren warning system. You would think that Texas of all places would have one.

    Yay for Mia's frilly dress! NPR had a story yesterday about wear donated items go. I'll try to find the link for you.

    ReplyDelete