Friday, May 24, 2013

Basil, Boots and Petunias


When I went out to water all the herbs and flowers this morning I found that the sweet basil had sprouted!!!  None of the other herbs have made an appearance yet but our flowers are doing beautifully.  One of the seeds Mia planted has sprouted and the other plants are putting on all kinds of new blooms.

Mia and I went on a shopping expedition today to find me some authentic cowboy boots.  I have a pair of knock offs that I've had since before Ben and I started dating but now that we live in Texas I felt like it was time to get some real ones.  I decided on some beautiful Ariat books that are dark brown with turquoise stitching ... and I already have my eyes on a black pair - but I'll have to save my pennies for a while ... maybe for Christmas. :)

It's a holiday weekend!  We briefly considered traveling north or south and checking out some sites but in the end just decided to have a "no plans/do nothing" weekend.

A huge thank you to all the service men and women for your brave service and to your families for their sacrifices as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment