Thursday, May 16, 2013

Just an ordinary day

picture taken by Mia on our balcony

Today has just been an ordinary day.  I cleaned up the apartment, we went on a walk around the complex and I've set up this blog.  Mia is spending the afternoon writing notes to all her friends back home and tonight is family night out.  I think we are going to try a new mexican restaurant in central Waco.   I'm doing my best to enjoy the "ordinary" days.  Life is a lot slower now.  For one thing the apartment is a lot easier to keep clean than the house ever was and since we haven't met any one yet our calendar is empty.  A friend of mine jokingly referred to me as "a woman of leisure" and I was like "NO! I don't want to be a woman of leisure - I need something to stress over!"  The more I think about that conversation the more I realize how silly it was so I'm trying to sit back and enjoy the down time.  There's plenty of time to stress later - like next month when Mia will start swimming lessons and t-ball.


2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the down time while you can. Before you know it school will start and it'll get all sorts of hectic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Enjoy being a Lady of Leisure for as long as you can and know that the rest of us envy you!

    ReplyDelete