Monday, June 24, 2013

T-ball pictures, Last day of swimming, Company picnics and a visit


Last week/weekend were super busy with the last day of swimming, t-ball pictures, Ben's company picnic and a visit from Mom and Tettie.

As you can imagine, I'm sure, t-ball pictures were absolutely dripping with cuteness.  All the tiny kids in uniforms way too big for them - oh my goodness - adorable overload.

Ben's company picnic was at a local water park (and by local I mean like 15 miles away LOL).  It was interesting.  I got to meet some of his co-workers and their wives.  It was more of a free for all event tho so there wasn't much interaction other than Hi, This is, Nice to meet you and so on and so forth.

Mom and Tettie's visit was a lot of fun!  We took them to Cameron Park Zoo and a couple of our favorite restaurants.  It was a nice low key visit.

We took Mia to the pool last night and realized just how many little friends she has made ... actual friends - not just a child she has seen before.  It was so cute to watch her, 2 little girls (S and T) and one little boy (J) sitting on the steps of the pool all playing together.  Even better when we were walking thru the gate J's dad recognized us and was like "J! Look who's coming thru the gate" and J got all excited to see Mia.  Now if we can just learn the parent's names.  LOL

Ben and I are working a lot on our eating habits and working out every day right now.  I'm personally stretching my skills and attempting to learn how to cook all types of vegetables in interesting ways so we don't get bored with them.  Last night I made what I'll kindly call beef and mush...  It started out beautiful with fresh squash, purple onion, eggplant, jalapenos, banana peppers, and bell peppers (all from the farmer's market) and ended up looking like ... well, beef and mush.  Needless to say one of my projects for the week is to scour the cookbooks and educate myself on proper vegetable preparation and cooking.

1 comment:

  1. I use Vegetarian Times magazine for my veggie recipes!

    ReplyDelete