Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Mia's Room, Granola Bars and a Snake


I haven't been entirely happy with Mia's room since we set it up.  It felt small and got impossibly messy way too easily.  I was reading in the current parenting book I'm studying that it's really important to "simplify" your child's room as much as possible.  After reading that and my over all feeling of dissatisfaction with it I knew what today's project was going to be.  I spent the morning moving the furniture here and there, organizing all the little stuff, books, etc until I got it to where it is now.  I think (once the closet is finished but I needed Ben for that - his height definitely comes in handy!) that it turned out just about perfect.

The rest of the day Mia and I just chilled at the apartment cleaning, playing board games, listening to music, reading books and making more granola bars - we decided to put off Library Day until tomorrow - it was really good to have a day where we didn't go anywhere.

Ben headed to get his hair cut after work and stopped at books a million to browse - on his way into the bookstore he saw a snake!  It was all curled up and just chilling in the corner.  Adding that to our list of local wildlife we have now seen: a road runner, an armadillo and a rather large snake.  :)

Dinner was buffalo chicken salad - seriously nom nom.  A great "make ahead meal" because it tastes even better when it's been in the fridge for a day or two.  I'll post both that recipe and the granola bar recipe on the Recipe page just in case anyone would like them.

In other news - my mom got married today.  She and her fiance were in Huntsville for a visit and decided to go ahead and tie the knot since all the kiddos, save for me, were there.  We are very happy for her and wish her and Jim the best.

Tomorrow is library day, more cleaning and a visit from Ben's parents!!!!  We are super excited!  So forgive me if I don't blog over the next couple of days - I am sure we will be crazy busy.  No fear tho - it'll just make for a great post on Monday.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment