Friday, February 7, 2014

A shopping trip to Dallas, 100 cheerios and the 100th Day of School!

February 1, 2014
A shopping trip to Mesquite!

Mia and I jumped in the car with friends and headed up to Mesquite last Saturday to hit up a huge winter clearance store in a cute little shop called Once Upon A Child.  It was a fantastic day with new friends and lots of good deals!  Her outfit is an upcycle I made for her.  

February 3, 2014

February 4, 2014
This dress was one of my favorite finds at the shop in Mesquite but Mia readily informed me that she didn't like dark brown - she only liked light brown so I asked if she would like it more if I added an "A".  Her reply was "that depends on the fabric you use"  ... little diva!  I've created a monster.  LOL  I have to say tho - I love it when she is opinionated about her clothes, etc. (even if it is frustrating at times).   It is so much fun seeing her come into her own.

February 5, 2014
This was Mia's favorite outfit from the shopping trip.  She told me she felt like a school teacher and she liked that because she "loves Mrs. Brock and wants to be just like her".  

February 6, 2014

February 7, 2014
100th Day of School!!!!
Each Kindergartner was asked to bring in a baggy of 100 pieces of dry food to celebrate so Mia counted out cheerios for hers. 
Today is also Jump Rope for Heart day and the theme was "Duck Dynasty".  Mia didn't dress up as Ben and I take issue with the school having a theme day supporting such a small minded, homophobic family.  I find it to be completely disrespectful to all our minority students and refuse to participate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment