Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A green star on yellow day...


Each Tuesday the Kindergartners are encouraged to wear a specific color (i.e. the color of the week) and this week it was yellow.  Just so happened that one of the pairs of pants I made over the summer incorporated a lot of yellow and I had found an adorable yellow shirt to match (that in and of itself was quite a find as I have trouble finding feminine shirts that are primary colors unless they have a character of some sort on them - but that's a soap box for another time).

When Mia got in the car this afternoon she said "Momma! I worked really hard today and I didn't get in trouble one TIME!" I congratulated her and we talked more about her day as we headed off to run errands.  When we got to our first stop she insisted that I look in her folder before we went in.  I opened it and SHE HAD A GREEN STAR!!! That is the highest mark a child can get for a day and stands for exemplary behavior.  We, of course, had to go to our favorite frozen yogurt place (they carry a dairy free option) and celebrate.

This week also starts show and tell.  Whatever you bring for show and tell is supposed to be the color of the week.  I can't wait to see what Mia picks each week.

Fundraising has started as has parent brought snacks and monthly PTA meetings.   It is all a big adjustment but over all I think she is handling it really well.  She is so excited about school and has even started waking up on her own at the right time already (we'll see if that lasts tho).  :D

I've been sewing up a storm for my shop which is going to be featured on a pretty well known blog this month so I'm hoping to get a good amount of new stuff listed before then.

Life is good.

1 comment: