Thursday, July 4, 2013

First Play date


At the t-ball game on Monday I worked up the nerve and invited a couple of the moms over for a swim play date Wednesday.  Of course an hour or so later when I got back to the apartment I was like "what in the world was I thinking"?!  Tuesday I made my list, figured out a menu and dusted every inch of the apartment - twice.  I ran to H.E.B. and got some of their yummy croissants, made the buffalo chicken salad (because it tastes better if it's sat in the fridge over night), put together pool friendly containers of pineapple, apples, mandarin oranges and grapes and packed 3 bags full of stuff we *might* need.  Wednesday morning I got up - dusted and vacuumed again (just in case) - the whole time this article was going thru my head:  http://www.unexpected.org/2013/04/dating-for-moms/
It's a fabulous, light hearted but informative article about "dating for moms" aka making mom friends.   I had a couple friends in Huntsville that always threw super fun and relaxing play dates so I was also thinking "What Would H or C Do"?

Time came - moms arrived and it just happened.  It wasn't stressful or awkward (much) - the kids played together fantastically.  One hiccup was that the little kid pool was closed but we regrouped pulled out as many floaties as we had (I was prepared!) and let the kiddos play on the steps of the main pool.  Then we came back to the apartment for lunch (both mom's wanted my recipe *squee* - never doubt the awesome powers of good chicken salad served on croissants, oh and peanut butter and honey) and the kids played for a little longer in Mia's room.

I never imagined it would be so easy - now I can't wait to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment